Troop 2 operates under a charter issued to The First Reformed Church of Hastings-on-Hudson by the Boy Scouts of America.
Our sponsor, The First Reformed Church, was incorporated in November 1850 when the Hastings area had fewer than 1000 residents. There was a need for a local church and a local man of wealth Mr. Albert Chrystie rallied support for a church and his carriage house was used as the first public service for the community and church until its building was completed. The land for the church was deeded by Isaac and Jane Lefurgy and the church was built in late 1850 for the cost of $3,000.00. It is the oldest church building in Hastings. The first pastor was The Reverend Philip Phelps, Jr. who moved to Hastings in 1851.
For many years, our pastor was the Reverend Okke Postma who had been leading the church since 1985.
The current pastor is the Reverend Emily Brown, the first female minister at the FRC.